Whether you are looking for an engagement ring for your girlfriend or shopping with one together with her, finding the perfect ring can be pretty overwhelming. After all for a guy to walk into a jewellery store is nerve wrecking. However the following tips can help shopping for engagement rings in Sydney easier.
- The shape of the ring could have a great impact on whether the rings looks perfect on your girls’ finger or not. Even before you shop for the four C’s of the diamond ring, the shape of the ring would have a big impact on what the ring looks like.
- The setting of the stone. The way in which the stone is mounted can actually add a style and appeal to a ring. Keep in mind that the ring should be mounted on quality metalwork. His help make the ring look durable and much sturdier. The setting could be a classic round shape or an ova shape in a four prong setting.
- If you plan on shopping together for the rings that’s all well and good. However, if you are looking to surprise your partner in the more traditional way then you need to do some research to come up with the perfect engagement ring for her. You could ask her family or close friends for help and swear them to secrecy. They can also help you get the right size of the ring so when it’s finally time to pop the question you can slip the ring over her finger easily.
- You would also have to make a choice of the metal. While there are different varieties to choose from, gold and platinum are the more common choices.
- Choose a ring which is within your budget. The myth of spending at least two months’ salary on the ring is old and it doesn’t help that you start your new life under a great deal of debt. However if you would prefer a larger ring you could always choose a ring of a smaller carat but one which isn’t cut too deep. This can give the image of a larger ring in lesser price.
- Go to a jeweller recommended by friends and family. This way you can even get to negotiate the price of the ring because you have been recommended by old clients. Choose larger and older chains of jewellers because they are more reliable and what’s more you can even get away with some good discounts when shopping for diamond engagement rings by Oroginale.
- When ordered it can take anywhere from six to nine weeks for the ring to arrive. That’s why it’s safe to assume that you need at least two months prior for placing an order. Also if you are looking to get the ring engraved, it could take even longer.
- If you are planning to buy a diamond ring you need a grading report for the diamond ring.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind will help you shop for the perfect engagement ring.